Samy Basta, CPA
Samy Basta is the managing director and founder of Unisource Financial Group, he brings more than 20 years in tax, financial and business consulting to this role. Samy’s practice focuses on consulting with privately-held companies in the areas of business financial planning and tax services in a wide range of areas, including tax saving strategies, tax return compliance and advisory services, choice of entity. His emphasis is in the area of business growth strategies, working with clients to improve the quality and usefulness of their resources. Samy also provides technical support on complex tax issues, as well as helps solving tax problem and IRS audit representation.
Samy has Bachelor of Science in business administration with a concentration in finance and accounting. He earned his MBA from the Notre Dame de Namur University in CA with a concentration in finance. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and California Society of CPA’s. He served on the Board of Directors as VP and President of SF Chapter for the California Society of Tax Consultants, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that provides tax education to tax practitioners for four years.
- Tax planning and compliance for individuals and small businesses.
- Hands-on experience in complex real estate transactions, foreclosure, and short sale.
- IRS audit representation, tax resolution, debt relief settlement negotiation.
- Business consulting for start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- Strategic planning for small business with proven tax saving strategies.
- Setup, training, and troubleshooting QuickBooks®.
Samy lives in the Peninsula, and in his spare time can be found playing his piano. He enjoys volunteering his time at the Church and visiting with his two daughters, Sandy and Nicole in Seattle.